Basic Primitives orgDiagram
Non-commercial - Free
Do you want to use Basic Primitives orgDiagram for a personal or non-profit project? Then you can use Basic Primitives orgDiagram for free under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 License.
- For non-profit organizations, students, universities, public schools and non-commercial personal websites
- For developing and testing applications using Basic Primitives orgDiagram
- Source editing allowed
Commercial and government licenses
The Basic Primitives orgDiagram Standard Terms and Conditions are appropriate if you run a commercial website or project, a corporate intranet or a government agency project. It has the following subdivisions:
Basic Primitives provides unconditional refunds to Customers up to 30 days from the day of purchase. Customers may be asked to provide a valid reason for claiming a refund. After the first 30 days have elapsed, a refund request will normally not be accepted unless there are convincing reasons justifying a refund. During this period, Basic Primitives will usually require a Customer to provide a satisfactory explanation as to why a refund is merited and why the request was not made earlier. After 60 days purchase is deemed to be final.
- What is the difference between a Single Website license and the Developer type licenses?
- The Single Website license only applies to traditional websites, while the Developer type licenses (Single dev, 5 dev, 10 dev etc.) also apply to web applications and SaaS projects. If a website either a) provides client specific data by a login or a unique URL, or b) charges a fee for its use, it is regarded a web application and requires a Developer type license.
- What is the difference between the Developer type licenses and an OEM license?
- The OEM license allows you to distribute a Basic Primitives software product in your software or hardware product to be installed on client hardware. However, if you're setting up sites and web applications for a client as a contract job, you are allowed to do this under the Developer type licenses.
- What is client specific data?
- A project is considered a web application if it provides client specific data or charges for its use. Client specific data is data that is available for a client either by a login or a specific URL. An example of this would be a corporate directory service where your users can create an account and find their data in directory automatically. On the other hand, if your directory service requires your users to search for their names, the data is available for all users and it is not considered client specific.
- How do you define a developer?
- A developer is a person who is working directly or indirectly on a Basic Primitives software product. This includes front end developers and designers as well as back end developers working on the diagram data and business logic related to serving the diagram. Developers working on completely different modules of your application are not included.
- If one of our developers leaves, do we have to purchase another developer license for the new one?
- No. The developer license applies to the seat, not the individual.
- What is license type for Joomla & ASP.NET components?
- Both of them use Basic Primitives jQuery UI widgets for rendering, so their usage is governed by the same license conditions as Basic Primitives orgDiagram.
A commercial license entitles you to use all versions of a Basic Primitives software product released within a year after the purchase date, for all future. If however you want to update to a version released more than a year after your purchase date, you need to buy an Update License which is 30% the price of your initial license. This update license also entitles you to upgrade to newer major versions released since your last license expired.
What is a commercial website?
A commercial website is a website which purpose is generating revenue or cash flow of any type, and that isn't under a non-profit organization. So if you're selling a product, selling advertisement, selling a service or just marketing a commercial business, your site is commercial. A company website is also commercial even if it doesn't sell anything, as it's purpose is to front a commercial company.
You are allowed to distribute a Basic Primitives orgDiagram software product with non-commercial packages given that you fulfill two conditions:
- Emphasize to your users that a Basic Primitives software product is not free for commercial use. You can do this on your download page or when your users activate a Basic Primitives software product in your application.
- Provide a link back to this web page in the same location.